1st April 1918; RNAS Fishguard

The RAF was founded on 1 April 1918, towards the end of the First World War by merging the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service, one of their bases being Fishguard in Pembrokeshire. After the war, the RAF was greatly reduced in size and during the inter-war years was used to “police” the British Empire. 
One of the objects at PDHC is a very good example of a Royal Naval Air Service (R.N.A.S) Officers Cap Badge, fine bullion embroidered crowned wreath with silvered eagle in flight to the centre. Reverse of the badge with paper backing and remains of the original price label. 

Contact Us

Registered as a charity in England and Wales, number 1120476. Company registration number 05920931.

Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre, Royal Dockyard Chapel, Meyrick Owen Way, Pembroke Dock, SA72 6WS



Shopping Cart